Jerry is a former #1 ranked junior in San Diego County who also served as team captain and #1 Singles and Doubles player at San Diego State University. He also was the Oregon and Washington State Junior Singles and Doubles champion.
With over 38 years of experience teaching racquet sports, Jerry is a Lead Pickleball Instructor at The Hub San Diego as well as the Guest Pickleball Pro for 6-star Regent Seven Seas Cruises line. He formerly served as the Director of Pickleball at the La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club, Tennis Director at Lomas Santa Fe Country Club and Head Tennis Pro at Fairbanks Ranch Country Club.
Jerry’s coaching philosophy:
- Have fun
- It is never too late to learn
- Enjoy the process of improving
- Set goals and work hard to achieve your goals
- Never stop growing, never stop learning
- Finally, there are many ways to play pickleball. There is no (exact, correct) technique that applies to everyone. There are fundamental basics that will allow a player to improve. Once they have a firm grasp of these basics, a player needs to further develop their individual game with their unique style and strengths
- Lead Pickleball Instructor, The Hub San Diego
- 38 years of experience teaching racquet sports
- Former top ranked junior in San Diego County
- Former top ranked singles and doubles player at San Diego University